Working in Australia

Live, Study, Work, Play

Working in Australia

If you were granted a Student visa on or after 26 April 2008, you and your dependent family members will already have permission to work included with your visa.

If you were granted a Student visa before 26 April 2008 and have not yet applied for permission to work, you and your dependent family members may only apply for Permission to Work after you have started your course in Australia.

For further information, see:

Tax File Number

Students will be required to apply for a Tax File Number (TFN) before undertaking work in Australia. Students are allowed to work up to 40 hours per fortnight while their term is in session and may work unlimited hours during holidays and breaks.

Students looking to work in Australia whilst studying will be most likely to find part-time or casual employment in areas such as sales and hospitality. Success in finding work will depend on your:

  • Level of proficiency in English
  • Relevant work experience
  • Job search skills
  • Motivation, attitude and presentation

Outdoor Activities

Have an enquiry?

Contact Us Today